The moment you have all been waiting for… Check out the events and heat schedule for our 3-2-1 Go in-house challenge this Saturday, July 8!
We would like to get things rolling ASAP, so please be at CFN no later than 8:45am for event briefing and to get warmed (especially if you are in the first heat!)
Here are all the event scores and placings for each category from the weekend. We hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did! Great effort put it from each and everyone of you.
3-2-1 GO In-House competition!!!
Come on down and cheer on your fellow athletes as they tackle our 4th annual in-house competition 🙂
Event: 8-1pm ish
BBQ / Social to follow!
The suspense is finally over! CrossFit Nanaimo is proud to be putting on another great event for ALL of you to be a part of. We know the CrossFit Games are on but you can replay them, come on out and cheer the athletes on!
Come on down and support your fellow athletes in our first in-house partner competition! Events will run from 9-1pm!
No regular classes today.
Below are the details for CFN’s first in-house Team Challenge! Keep in mind this is a FRIENDLY competition. A great way to test YOUR strengths/weaknesses while working as a team. If you have any questions or concerns about anything please don’t hesitate to speak with a coach; we are here to help!
If you are competing on Saturday I would highly advise you take a rest/mobility day on Friday. If you are uncertain about any of the movement standards please seek clarification from a coach.
See you all at the gym for 8am on Saturday! (If you are going to be late, with valid reason, please let Katie know ASAP).
Team Challenge Schedule and Events
Warm up at 8am. Competition will start at 8:45am and go until about 1pm.
BBQ / Lake Party will take place at the gracious “Broad’s” house (aka, Julz’ parents’ ).
Look forward to seeing you there to either compete or support on your fellow athletes 🙂
Random act of kindness / Pay it Forward
KINDNESS (according to WIKIPEDIA): Kindness is the act or the state of being kind, being marked by good and charitable behavior, pleasant disposition, and concern for others. It is known as a virtue, and recognized as a value in many cultures and religions. Research has shown that acts of kindness does not only benefit receivers of the kind act, but also the giver, as a result of the release of neurotransmitters responsible for feelings of contentment and relaxation when such acts are committed.
Never underestimate the impact of a single act of kindness. It is truly a win/win/win situation. The person you are being kind to benefits through your help. You feel good for having helped someone. And the world is a better place through your kindness.
Also, it is important to carry out your acts of kindness without expecting anything back
Here is a list of of some acts of Kindness to help get you started:
- Send someone a hand written note of thanks.
- Make a card at home and send it to a friend for no reason.
- Buy a lottery ticket for a stranger.
- Put some coins in someone else’s parking meter.
- Buy a coffee for the man on the high street selling The Big Issue magazine.
- Cut your neighbour’s hedge.
- Walk your friend’s dog.
- Give a compliment about your waiter / waitress to his / her manager.
- Send someone a small gift anonymously.
- Stop and help someone replace their flat tyre.
- Let someone jump the queue at the bank.
- Pay for the drinks on the next table at a café.
- Treat a friend to the movies for no reason.
- Give a huge tip to someone when they least expect it.
- Hold the train door open for someone rushing to get in.
- Give up your seat for someone, not just an elderly person.
- Write notes of appreciation at least once a week.
- Talk to a homeless person and have a “normal” conversation.
- Pick up some rubbish in the road which would otherwise be lying around.
- Compliment a work colleague for their excellence.
- Recommend a competitor to a potential client.
- Give another driver your parking spot.
- Give a piece of fruit to a delivery person.
- Help an elderly neighbour carry the rubbish out.
- Tell all your family members how much your appreciate them.
- Leave a copy of an interesting book on a train / bus.
- Buy an inspirational book for a friend.
- Send a thank you note to a person who has helped you in the past.
- Smile a lot
Meet at Westwood lake between 9:30-9:45am for a 10am run around Westwood followed by Polar Bear Dip! Bring a towel and warm clothes to change into! This event is hosted by the Bastion Run Club!